New home, New network, but old one still lingers. Some issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-12 09:31:18
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. I had this 3 Puck set, set up at my old house just fine. 

I recently moved and we replaced his nighthawk mk62 which was finicky with mine. His set up is bizzare, he's got a hub/switch with all kinds of ethernet cords. So it's a doc sis 3.1 modem, top of the line, and then straight to the Deco m9 router. That m9 ethernet then goes to a switch/hub that goes all over the house including to another Deco m9 AP/PUCK. 

OK, well here's the issue. First of all, I accidentally deleted network before I reinstalled this network on my app. However as soon as I set these  up the network shows up, even on the app. So I just used the app to set it up again. Sometimes randomly, when I open up app, it will tell me network deleted and ask me to create a new one. I tried to create a new one when I first set it up at this new house, but it just went about its business like it was the same network. I couldn't get it to reset with my app and new network.

Would the solution have been to just do a factory reset? To create a whole new network altogether? 

As of right now, when I get into app I can mess with the settings and network as if it was the same network from before.  But if it goes down, it just gives me the prompt as if there was a brand new network. 

Second issue is this. Last two nights since I set it up, it literally goes down at 1 am. For like 15 minutes. No Idea why, is this some sort of setting? Some auto reset or off toggle that I'm unaware of? 

Thanks a lot for the help! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 0

Related Articles