Archer C2 V1 reduce bandwith in Access Point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-02 04:21:56
Model: Archer C2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 3.1 v0032.0 Build 180626 Rel.34206n

I run my Archer C2 V1 as 2 modes and there is a different:

1. In Router Mode, the bandwith I tested by Speedtest is 150Mpbs for LAN port connected to my laptop and wifi when I stand next to router. 

2. I switch to AP mode by change the incoming LAN from root router to LAN port, then disable DHCP and set an IP as the same network and out of range of DHCP of root router, the bandwidth I tested by Speedtest is under 100Mpbs for LAN port connected to my laptop and wifi when I stand next to router.

I checked the incoming cable and the speed of this cable when I connect directly to my computer is still 150Mpbs. Anybody suffer this problem? Please help me to fix it.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C2 V1 reduce bandwith in Access Point mode
2021-07-02 05:14:17

@Gia_Long 

Hey,

It's quite possible when in AP mode, that the negotiated speed between the root router LAN port and the C2 LAN port is 100 mbps instead 1000 mbps.

Check this on your root router ethernet port status page to confirm.

If that's the case try changing negotiation speed from C2 (if this feature is available, depending on the HW & FW version) System Tools=>System Parameters=>Duplex from Auto Negotiation to 1000 mbps full duplex.

If you don't have such feature on your C2, then move the cable to another LAN port of the root router or/and another LAN port of the C2.

Observe the negotiated speed again and test.

You can also try with another Cat 5E/6 cable to see if that helps.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Archer C2 V1 reduce bandwith in Access Point mode
2021-07-02 06:42:01 - last edited 2021-07-02 06:45:16

terziyski My root router see this LAN is 1000 Mpbs. I cannot see System Parameters in my C2. My cable is Cat6 and I have try on router mode and the speed is higher than when in AP mode

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 786

Replies: 2

Related Articles