LG Smart TV won't automatically connect to WiFi after Deco install

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-17 02:39:30 - last edited 2021-07-17 02:41:01
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently set up a Deco x60 mesh system with 2 nodes upstairs and one node on the main floor and set up as a router. Typically have 20-25 devices connected and have never had an issue with any of the devices with the exception of my LG smart tv which is located on the main floor about 5 feet away from the node. 

The tv is not automatically connecting to the wifi network. I have to manually find the ssid from the list of available connections and enter the wifi pass every time I turn on my TV. It's incredibly annoying. Once I enter the wifi password, I've noticed that the TV connects to one of the nodes upstairs (the main one) and not to the node located 5 feet away.

Also, fast roaming is off, FYI

Any suggestions for how to fix this issue?

Options
2 Reply
Re:LG Smart TV won't automatically connect to WiFi after Deco install
2021-07-17 13:45:31

@Decotomoy 

Smart TVs could be pain in the neck when it comes to connectivity, but TV should not forget WiFi settings. This is basic functionality. Have you checked LG forums and tech support?

If your LG Smart TV has Ethernet port, consider connecting it to X60 node by Ethernet cable. 

Options
Re:LG Smart TV won't automatically connect to WiFi after Deco install
2022-01-19 07:00:52
I’m having the same issue
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1696

Replies: 2

Related Articles