Change my router's region/firmware (from KR to US)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-22 16:59:58
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I bought a TP-Link router in Korea and it came with a Korean firmware. The web dashboard for managing the router is also all in Korean.

I'm leaving Korean soon, and I was wondering if I can change this to a firmware that's English. Or should I just try selling my router here in Korea and buy a new one in the country I'm moving to? I don't actually know Korean, but there doesn't seem to be a way to change the web dashboard's language to English either.

Will there be any problems with me using a router I bought in Korea outside of Korea?

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Change my router's region/firmware (from KR to US)
2021-07-22 17:26:31 - last edited 2021-07-22 17:48:34

@dmartinng 

You can't update router's FW with a FW from another region.

Although you can use your router as it is in a different region, it's best to sell it locally and buy a new one when you move to another region, for the sake of interface language.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1691

Replies: 1

Related Articles