2.4Ghz and 5Ghz for 600Mbps : Is it either one or the other? Or both at the same time?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2.4Ghz and 5Ghz for 600Mbps : Is it either one or the other? Or both at the same time?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-04 09:19:01
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I purchased an AC600 Nano Wireless USB Archer T2U adapter for my computer to communicate with my 802.11ac router that is connected to my NAS and to the Internet through FTTH. My computer is in the same room as the router. When I am connected with an Ethernet cable, I can download a large file from my NAS at 120 MB per sec. With the T2U adapter, I can download at 27 MB per sec.

Here's my question: In the Archer T2U Nano specs, and on the T2U Nano adapter's box, it says I can download at 600 Mbps (i.e. 75 MB per sec.), actually in theory up to 633Mbps. How can we possibly reach this throughput? I am unable to connect to both frequencies at the same time (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz). When I connect to a second frequency, the former gets disconnected. I can be connected to only one at a time (on Windows 10). What's the trick?

I read this tutorial to no avail: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/709/

Here's the information regarding this FAQ: The T2U Nano is 4m away from the 802.11ac router. I configured the router to select the least crowded channel (there are not many users in the neighborhood anyway). Association Speed is 433Mbps. I'm using the latest driver downloaded yesterday from TP-Link's website, for Windows 10. I have no antivirus other that Windows' own security dashboard.

I can't compare with another wifi adapter, as the only one I have is the computer's own wifi adapter, which is 2.4Ghz only.

When I right-click the T2U Nano status in Windows, it provides the following information: 

• Speed: 433Mbps
  • Signal quality: 5 bars

Is it possible to reach 600 Mbps with the T2U Nano adapter? Is it possible to get connected to the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies at the same time? How?

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:2.4Ghz and 5Ghz for 600Mbps : Is it either one or the other? Or both at the same time?
2021-08-05 10:01:31

Any idea?

Options