change region will improve signal wifi ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-09 16:15:27
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

as i know, many country limit signal wifi ....example max 20 dbm

if i change firmware region, will increase signal wifi ?

which region have most stronger wifi signal ?

Options
6 Reply
Re:change region will improve signal wifi ?
2021-08-09 16:42:43 - last edited 2021-08-09 19:31:03

@RouterHang 

Changing the FW region is not allowed. You can only update the device with a FW release from the same region printed on the bottom sticker.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-08-10 11:21:15 - last edited 2021-08-10 11:22:05

how about force flash firmware using tools ?

i have old router , i wanna to try changing firmware with most stronger signal if failure, then i can force flash firmware back again

"the most valuable knowledge is experince", without trying, there is no experince"

can you tell me which region have stronger signal ?

Options
2021-08-10 16:54:24 - last edited 2021-08-10 18:06:58

@RouterHang 

I agree about the experiance, but I really don't know which one will be the strongest - research on local regulations should be done.

But if you are determined to try that, then you can experiment with EU, US, RU, CA or whatever region you've found on the support portal.

You should know though, that this will void your warranty for sure and there's a high posibility to brick your device beyond repair.

I even wonder, is it worth it, cause you can buy a range extender (AX10 is OneMesh capable) or another router to use it in AP mode and extend the Wi-Fi coverage in your premises.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-08-11 01:18:21

@terziyski 

lets say about another brand (about 25 USD price)

if another brand flashing using china firmware, the signal coverage and power 3x much stronger than AX10 , he can pass 4 walls

but another brand is lack of feature

also about mesh, all tp link router doesnt support mesh with LAN cable ,

no matter how good 5Ghz signal , mesh system with cable LAN as backup is still the best

if you a FPS gamer , you must considering mesh system with cable LAN as backup

Options
2021-08-13 07:52:54

RouterHang wrote

@terziyski 

lets say about another brand (about 25 USD price)

if another brand flashing using china firmware, the signal coverage and power 3x much stronger than AX10 , he can pass 4 walls

@RouterHang 

how i can find such community for MOD routers or extenders by China SW?

please guide :)

Options
2021-08-13 13:56:57

@iSalalah 

its not TP-Link brand

its another brand ,i read from forum/community

each country have a rules about maximum Tx-power (wireless power)

no matter how expensive your router, the maximum TX-Power is locked by country/firmware

by the way, AX10 its my last TP-LINK router brand

if buy new router, i will never buy TP-LINK again

1. AX-AC router doesnt support extender mode, you cannot use your old router as extender mode,  if you want to use your old tplink as extender, you must bring ethernet cable and set as AP mode

in another brand, all router support as extender , router , AP mode

so there is a change to use your old router as extender mode

2. because TP-LINK doesnt support mesh as ethernet cable backup , no matter how strong your 5 Ghz,  mesh system with ethernet cable as backup is the best

specially if you want mesh between 1st floor to 2nd floor 

my isp modem and AX10 is from 2nd floor , its need pass 4 walls to 1st floor , so its not recommended using mesh system with 5 ghz as backup because signal is very weak

so its better to use ethernet cable and set as AP mode than mesh system tp-link

in my current condition , there only way to bring mesh system to my home,  BUY ANOTHER BRAND !!!

Options