TP-Link and Amazon FireStick

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-30 16:09:12 - last edited 2021-08-30 16:10:39
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am finding the Amazon Fire Stick on our television (downstairs) doesn't seem to like getting wifi through the TP-Link. In spite of it connecting, and showing a far stronger connection strength than the wifi direct from our router (upstairs), it often comes up with an error when trying to go to Amazon Prime, and then buffers every few seconds on live programmes (especially sports). 

If using the normal wifi from my router, on live broadcasts the picture quality dips at times, but at least there is rarely any pausing for buffering.

My wife loves watching the tennis, so I got the TP-Link to ensure she got the best picture quality possible, but using the TP-Link makes it impossible to watch matches when they keep pausing to download more of the broadcast.

Anyone got any ideas how to stop Amazon having to buffer when using the TP-Link?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link and Amazon FireStick
2021-08-31 05:56:38 - last edited 2021-08-31 05:58:48

@RoyalFool  Hello, 

May I know when fire stick reports Error, does your mobile phone or other device have stable Internet from WPA4220 WiFi?

You could try a different wall socket for WPA4220 extender and check some factors that may affect the power line environment.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/409/      

To check the powerline environment, please download tpPLC Utility here, check the power line rate between 2 powerline units and share a photo with us,thank you. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220-tkit/

If Fire stick buffers or pause Internet a lot, it is possible that bandwidth downstairs is not good enough from WPA4220.  Do your family usually watch 1080P / 4K video?

At TV's location, can you test and compare Wi-Fi speed from WPA4220, and the speed from router at TV's location, could WPA4420 provide similar bandwidth as router? Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2220

Replies: 1

Related Articles