TP-LINK ARCHER A6 problems with ethernet cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-04 05:25:27
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: unknown

So i have an modem provided by my ISP. and i recently got this Archer a6 about a month ago. it was working fine until last night. it says there is no internet connection and that the wan port is unplugged but it confused me since the wan port is indeed plugged. i tried restarting the router but it did not work unfortunately. and i also tried plugging the ethernet cable directly to my PC and to my surprise it worked! so that led me to believe that the router is the problem and not the cable. what can i do to fix this? or should i try contacting support for warranty 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-LINK ARCHER A6 problems with ethernet cable
2021-09-04 16:46:12

@AkoSiAdam 

If you haven't, upgrade the FW to the latest version - check you router bottom sticker to determine your FW region.

If after update you still have the same issue then change the ethernet cable with another one (CAT5E/6) and test again.

Sometimes even the cable seems to be fine, the router may not like it.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 797

Replies: 1

Related Articles