ipad VPN problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ipad VPN problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ipad VPN problem
ipad VPN problem
2013-05-01 19:19:01
Region : Ireland

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 0.4 v0005.0 Build 130217 Rel.62075n

ISP : Eircom and Virgin

Hello All,
I wonder if anyone could give me any advice on this ipad problem.

I'm over to southern Ireland quite alot and have DDWRT set up on my home router and VPN connection enabled.
Everything used to work perfectly until I got a new TD-W8968 for the Ireland end.
Now when I use the PC VPN to connect back home all is still ok works perfectly,
but the ipad connection will only work with the send all traffic option switched off,
if you turn that option on, it will still connect but the instant any data goes through the UK end it drops the link.
It will work with the option of send all traffic off but then it thinks I'm still in Ireland.
I put the old Eircom router back in temporarly and all works again send all traffic can be swithed on ok.
So it must be something to do with the TP router. I have all the pass through's turned on I think.
Strange how the PC works ok but not the ipad on the same router.
Thanks for any help
Options
1 Reply
Re:ipad VPN problem
2013-05-05 18:40:14
I am sitting at Shannon airport using the ipad and the vpn works fine there but the TD-8968 in the house in Ireland forces the uk connection to disconnect .
But only when using the ipad not the PC. All very baffling.
Help
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 457

Replies: 1

Related Articles