Limit bandwidth Archer c7 ac1750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-22 14:07:09
Model: Archer A2  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: Archer C7(US)_V5_201120

Hi Everyone, I'm kinda bothered because I just recently bought the new Archer C7 AC1750 V5 Hardware wanting to use the limit bandwidth option like the one I used in a previous TP-Link Router using a DHCP Client list, and assigning Ip address and limiting specific amounts of egression and ingression kbps per device.

I saw that in older versions of the firmware with the green GUI it was possible to do it, is there any way to downgrade the firmware of my router in order to get that option back?.

I'll be adding an online article referring to the feature im talking about.

Artcicle about the feature I used to have in an older router: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/557/

PS: I selected the Archer A2 model because on the drop down menu I couldn't find the actual model I'm talking about: Archer c7 ac1750

Thank you everyone in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Limit bandwidth Archer c7 ac1750
2021-09-22 15:08:49 - last edited 2021-09-22 15:11:06

@Rasmund 

No, you can't downgrade the FW to get this feature back.

In newer device models TP-Link decided to replace this feature with QoS.

Refer to this guide or your user guide if you want to configure QoS for your device.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1003

Replies: 1

Related Articles