T4U plus crashing every time there's a high network load

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-01 15:08:34
Model: Archer T4U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1030.41.514.2020

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me because I am truly at the end of my wits.. i bought the adapter a couple of weeks ago and I still can't get it to work properly

First of all, my router is an archer C6, I bought it thinking the two will work well together.. my mistake.

I tried many different versions of drivers: the microsoft one, the beta one for T4U posted somewhere in this sub, and the official TP-Link one, they all have this problem.

I've also installed the beta Archer C6 driver and disabled the Mesh feature thinking it might improve things, but no luck.

The exact behaviour goes something like this: when my download speed riches a high amount (around 30-40-50mb/s) the wifi adapter seems to crash (device manager starts refreshing as if it was removed and re-added). After that, for a while I'm unable to see the 5G network I normally use, and I have to connect to the 2.4Ghz one.

I tried changing the wifi channel, changing the wifi security, nothing seems to fix it. All other devices in the wifi network download at high speeds without issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! OS is Windows 10.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 986

Replies: 0

Related Articles