TL-WN881ND connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-06 20:48:39
Model: TL-WN881ND  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

From reading a few threads on this forum, I don't seem to be the only one having problems getting the link speed to the claimed speed. I'm using a TL-WN881ND (which says it's v2.2 - which isn't listed in the hardware versions!)

Im using a Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H rev1.2 with F15 bios, I5 4690, 8gb ram, Win10 64bit build 20H2. Windows is reporting a link speed of 54/144mbps. I have installed the latest drivers, uninstalled and re-installed. I've uninstalled the device in Device Manager, removed it and reinstalled. Still the same connection speed.

Picture showing drivers and Link speed...

I'm getting around 42mbps, which is about right for 54mbps connection. I have read about changing router settings, I have checked it's AES and 40mhz.

I have also tried it in a different PC with exactly the same results.

I have noticed that in Device Manager - Adaptor Properties, under 'Wireless Mode' there are only 3 options. AUTO, IEE 802.11b and IEE 802.11b/g. There is no mention of 'n' mode. Is this correct? Pic below....

Am I missing something obvious?

Out of interest I connected a TL-WN822N USB adaptor, this connected at 144/144mbps and increased the connection to nearly my max broadband speed of 65mbps.

Is there a solution for this??

Cheers

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 963

Replies: 0

Related Articles