Archer C6 v2.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 v2.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C6 v2.0
Archer C6 v2.0
2021-10-12 13:56:43
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

Hi, 

I recently bought Archer C6, because our old TP-LINK went to heaven after 6years. I had a option to limit Bandwith for specific Computers/Devices.
I was thinking that with all the software controlls which Archer C6 comes with, i will not have to control it anymore.

But here we are, while my brother is downloading some games on steam, i cannot watch youtube or netflix on my Playstation 5 because he is eating all the speed.
I tried to play with QOS but, it isnt helping... 

I thought the router will distribute equallythe speed, but actually everytime only one device is eating all of it. 
Not even prioritizng my Playstation or other Device is helping....

Any advice? Or is it a hardware failure?

Best Regards
Michael

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 v2.0
2021-10-12 14:11:52

@DerRitterSK 

Here's a guide on how to configure QoS on Archer C6 - Case 2.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-10-12 14:25:28

@terziyski no, thats not helping. I even tried to go with less speed than we have (according to ISP and speedtest).

Michael

Options
2021-10-12 14:46:47

@DerRitterSK 

QoS is the only option in C6 for prioritizing the traffic among connected devices, when the connection is under heavy load.

That is why there are several requests for implementing Bandwidth Control.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 603

Replies: 3

Related Articles