Deco to FTTP ONT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco to FTTP ONT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco to FTTP ONT
Deco to FTTP ONT
2021-10-14 14:13:13
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Hi All

Am new to the world of Deco & TP Links, have just purchased the 3 unit Deco S4 and would like to connect one of the units direct to my FTTP ONT without having to go through the ISP's own router but i'm not sure it can be done/is that easy as my ISP is Sky.

Can anyone offer any suggestions if its advantageous to bypass the Sky router, whether it can be done and if so what the steps are to set it up?

TIA

Ant

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco to FTTP ONT
2021-10-14 15:24:13

@Ant72 

If you bought Deco just to improve WiFi coverage, and otherwise happy with how your ISP router manages your home network, I would recommend to use Access Point mode of Deco mesh. 

In that Deco mode you will need ISP router, but you'll have maximum flexibility in Deco units deployment, especially if some of Satellites will be Ethernet wired, maximum possible WiFi performance and minimum headaches.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1450

Replies: 1

Related Articles