Smartphone battery drain when Wifi setting Smart Connect is disabled.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-23 20:09:37 - last edited 2021-10-23 20:28:05
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

All my android devices (samsung smartphones and tablets) started to have massive battery drain (3% a hour) after I purchased Archer VR2100. I pinpointed the issue to the Smat Connect Wifi feature - if it is DISABLED there is heavy battery drain on all samsung devices. After enabling things are OK. This is so weird. By default it is enabled, but I wanted to have it disabled, but now I have to keep it enabled.

It took my quite a while to pinpoint the sudden battery drain to th AP, and then to find out which feature caused the battery drain. I suspected some botched AndroidOS update, but when all devices started to have suddent battery drain I got very suspicious.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smartphone battery drain when Wifi setting Smart Connect is disabled.
2021-10-24 10:37:51

@ScreenName23 

It's quite possible that you're experiencing such behaviour.

For example :

If Smart Connect is off then your device connected to 5 GHz band would drain more power (due to the its limited range) to sustain the wireless network connection.

If Smart Connect is on then the router could put the device on the 2.4 GHz band thus using less power (due to its longer range) to sustain the wireless network connection.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 705

Replies: 1

Related Articles