PRIVACY WARNING UNDER RANGE EXTENDER’S WIFI NAME IN SETTINGS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PRIVACY WARNING UNDER RANGE EXTENDER’S WIFI NAME IN SETTINGS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
11 Reply
Re:PRIVACY WARNING UNDER RANGE EXTENDER’S WIFI NAME IN SETTINGS
2021-12-26 23:14:03

@Solla-topee Hello, thanks for reaching out. I have a Virgin media hub 3 and have been told it’s not possible to change the DNS servers on this router after already giving it a try. To confirm some details, I’ve actually already tested the just being connected to my main router network for a while and there was no privacy warning but the connection wasn’t good so for obvious reasons i can’t keep connected to that network. The detailed error in my iPhone settings reads “This network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic, the names of websites and other servers your device accesses on this network may be monitored and recorded by other devices on this network”. I have an iPhone XR and an iPad 8th generation & I’m fully up to date with iOS 15.2 on both. The Hardware version of my range extender reads : TL-WA850RE 7.0 and the Firmware version reads : 1.0.1 Build 200923 Rel.57191n

Options
Related Articles