How to add WiFi to an existing PowerLine network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-22 15:31:58
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This may be a stupid question, if so feel free to say so.

I have a home office from where I run my company. I have an internet connection that comes in to the office and connects to a router (no1). This router has no WiFi enabled. Connected to this router is a PowerLine network that provides Ethernet connectivity to one room downstairs.

Also connected to this router (no1) is an Asus router (no2) that provides all of the wired connectivity to the things in the office (printer, NAS, etc). It also provides company WiFi for the office along with a guest WiFi network.

The problem that I have is that there is a gap in the WiFi in one part of the house as the Asus router only seems to be able to provide WiFi vertically but not horizontally! I don't particularly want to extend the company WiFi network to cover the gap and was wondering whether I could add somethign like a TL-WPA8631P as an access point in a socket in the gap area to provide WiFi coverage there connected back to the first router in the system (no1).

Would the TL-WPA8631P work as an access point like that or would it need something else to provide WiFi in the gap?

As the Powerline network is not connected to the router providing the WiFi I assume that I can't just use the TL-WPA8631P as a range extender for the WiFI provided by router no2 or does the Powerline network not care?

I've been thinking about this for some time and my head now hurts and I'm sure i'm missing something obvious!

Again, apologies if this is a stupid question.

Thanks in advance for any clarity or sense.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 0

Related Articles