Half speed detected using AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-27 13:25:15
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.9 Build 20200918 Rel. 74680

Hello,

I have a system with three Deco P7 devices. I had previously a 500Mbps/100Mbps connection without any problems. My ISP upgraded my connection to 1Gb/200Mbps and now I face some issues.

If I connect directly to Ethernet cable I confirm the speeds of ~920Mbps/220Mbps which is expected. If I do a speed test directly in the Deco app, the speed is only 500Mbps/200Mbps, but I confirmed the ethernet speed is greater. Strange thing is if I change Deco mode from AP to Router, the speed in the Speedtest is the expected ~920/220.

I'm not talking about Wi-Fi speeds. It seems Deco P7 is capping the speed in AP mode.

What can I do to avoid this capping? (I cannot use Deco in router mode). I see similar issues in this forum for Deco M5, but no solutions.

Thanks!

João Correia

Options
1 Reply
Re:Half speed detected using AP mode
2021-12-27 13:59:06

@jpedro 

This is the bug in Deco speedtest app. Ignore it.

Conditions to trigger the bug: Deco must run in Access Point mode, Internet speed is more than 500Mbps.

This is just speedtest reporting bug and not the actual speed throttling. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 1

Related Articles