Smart connect bug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart connect bug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart connect bug
Smart connect bug
2022-01-03 19:49:17 - last edited 2023-05-04 01:42:50
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20211118 rel.43110(4555)

I have a problem with smart connect function. The router covers mostly 2 rooms and only 4 devices  - 2 mobiles and 2 laptops. But with smart connect function it mostly switch to 2.4 Ghz band. Even if the device has fastest connection via 5GHz or is in front of the router and doesn't switch automatically on 5GHhz which I need for example for 4k video. With this simple test was streaming better via 5GHz. By the speedtest.net I have in 2.4 GHz speed about 60Mbit/s but with 5GHz I  measured about 150Mbit/s. I must point out that this happens even if there is only one laptop on the network connected.
So,  how can I prioritize 5GHz band with preservation smart connect function? Is the only way to split network to 2.4 and 5GHz with  2 different SSID? Or throw into the trash?

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart connect bug
2022-01-04 07:46:51

@Jarmil 

You could disable Smart Connect and split into two different SSIDs (2.4GHz and 5GHz).

For example - I keep the IoT devices, IP cameras etc. on 2.4GHz band and high-bandwidth demanding devices on 5GHz band.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 578

Replies: 1

Related Articles