RE305 jumped to maximum speed and then throttled itself after sometime

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-23 15:05:49 - last edited 2022-01-23 15:09:53
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20210416 Rel. 61543

Alright so i setup the RE305 extender at a new spot which is around 30 feet from the main router with 2 thick walls in between. The main router being an Archer A6. My download and upload speeds are 140Mbps. I get exactly that speed on the main router, however on the RE305 I get around 70DL/130UL with high speed mode ON (Main router - RE305 at 5gz and RE305 to PC at 2.4gz). I had accepted this as the normal speed till the other day I thought to change a few settings and see if the speed increased.

Tried a bunch of settings including changing 5gz channel and width but got worse results and ended up with the previous settings BUT SOMETHING WEIRD HAPPENED. I tested my speed one last time and my download and upload speeds MAXED OUT AT NEAR 130DL/130UL! I was stunned! This was double the download speed! I kept repeating the speed test again and again and kept getting the same result!

I immediately started downloading games and voila! Incredible speeds! But my joy was short lived as I checked the download speeds in an hours time and guess what? It went back to its usual speed and sometimes even lower.

So can someone please explain this to me? Does the RE305 auto throttle itself? I now know for a FACT that this repeater can broadcast at more speeds that what it is doing currently.

EDIT: Another thing I should mention: while the download speeds were near maxed, I tried the test on my laptop and well the speeds were the same as before 70DL/130UL). However quite literally at the same time I tried it on my PC and it was double! I tried this test multiple times getting the same result!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 0

Related Articles