TL-MR6400 - Password ändern nur über Hardreset möglich?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-17 16:37:29
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 130091 v1 Build 201207 Rel. 56223n

Ich habe mein Passwort vergessen, bin aber mit meinem TP-Link-ID-Konto im Router.

Dort finde ich nirgendwo die Möglichkeit, das Passwort zu ändern.

Nur beim Anmelden gibt es unter "Passwort vergessen" die Info, den Router einem Werksreset mit 10s zu unterziehen.

Es muss doch irgendwo eine regulären Möglichkeit im Menü geben?

I forgot my password, but I am in the router with my TP link ID account.

There I do not find anywhere the possibility to change the password.

Only when logging in, there is under "Forgot password" the info to subject the router to a factory reset with 10s.

There must be a regular option in the menu somewhere?

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400 - Password ändern nur über Hardreset möglich?
2022-02-18 07:50:11

@Christian_LE 

Hello, do you mean the local administrative password used to login the web interface?

If you are already in the web interface, please go to Advanced->System Tools->Administration to change the password, however, changing the local administrative password will need you to enter the old password first, so if you forgot the old password, I am afraid you will still need to reset the device to factory defaults.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-02-18 08:03:40

@Sunshine 

* Ich änderte gestern das Passwort mittels Werksreset, nach einem Neustart war es nicht mehr gültig.

* Ich meldete mich mit meinem TP-Link-Konto an der Weboberfläche an und wollte das Passwort prüfen / ändern.

Aber es gibt kein Menü zum Passwort ändern!?

* I changed the password yesterday via factory reset, after a reboot it was no longer valid.

* I logged now into the web interface with my TP-Link account and wanted to check / change the password.

But there is no menu to change password!?

Options
2022-02-18 08:13:14

@Christian_LE 

Thank you very much for the reply.

The option to change the password is available when we login the web interface by using local password, and old password is also required to change the password, you are using TP-Link cloud account to login the web interface now, I think that is why the option disappears.

After the factory reset yesterday, normally you would be required to create a local password on you own when login at first time, do you mean that password only worked for one time and stopped working after rebooting? we didn't receive such feedback before, and could you please try factory reset one more time, and please note that this local password is different from password of TP-Link cloud account or wireless password, and please take some screenshots when you created the local password and also when trying to login after rebooting. If the problem still happens after rebooting, please let me know.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-02-18 08:36:34

@Sunshine 

Hallo,

ja, verstanden. 

Das Problem war: beide Passwörter waren identisch. Leider gibt es keine Dokumentation dazu und auch die Vergabe gleicher Passwörter erzeugt natürlich keine Fehlermeldung.

Jetzt sind die Passwörter unterschiedlich und auch nach dem Neustart funktioniert der Login.

Allerdings sehe ich nun auch noch ein Problem.

Wenn der Router neu startet (z.B. Stromausfall): ist dann der DynDNS-Dienst erst einmal deaktiviert und muss neu durch einen Login gestartet werden?

Das ist ein Problem, wenn sich der Router entfernt befindet; deswegen möchte ich ja einen entfernten Zugriff realisieren.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 747

Replies: 4

Related Articles