Does Archer AX55 support MU-MIMO?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-22 01:17:12
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I noticed that the home page for Archer AX55 does not mention anything about MU-MIMO support!,

while for some other routers like AX73 or AX90 for example it is mentioned that they do support MU-MIMO.

What confuses me is that some sites reviewing or selling AX55 are claiming that it does support MU-MIMO

So does AX55 support MU-MIMO or not?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Does Archer AX55 support MU-MIMO?
2022-02-22 05:48:42

@Marawan 

Although it is not mentioned in the device's specifications, the following quote is from the second page of the AX55 user guide:

"*Use of Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), and features including OFDMA, MU-MIMO, 1024-QAM, and HT160 require clients to also support the corresponding features."

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-22 06:21:41

@terziyski 

Thanks for your feedback!

I was doing a comparison between AX55 and AX73 when I noticed that the comparison tool shows

AX73 supports MU-MIMO while AX55 does not!

If the product page and the comparison tool are inaccurate how can we trust them anymore?

How can we make buying decision based on inaccurate information?

Is it really that hard to keep products information available to customers up to date?

And is the user manual more accurate and up to date than the product page itself?

Do we need to download user manual and search inside it for every product we consider to buy?

Options
2022-02-22 06:49:02

@Marawan 

These are all good questions.

The site administrators should take care for any discrepancies on the web portal.

Any finding of this type should be reported so the TP-Link be aware and take an appropriate action.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-23 00:19:33

@terziyski 

"Any finding of this type should be reported so the TP-Link be aware and take an appropriate action."

I'm already reporting my findings, Am I not? Isn't this the official TP-Link customers portal?

Aren't they watching what their customers report back to them?

And why this topic isn't listed in the main page of this forum?! Is this some kind of censorship??

Options
2022-05-01 16:16:30

I have been testing AX73 and AX55. MU-MIMO practically does not work. If it works, it's extremely inefficient.

Options
2022-05-06 13:56:17

@TP-Link @Kevin_Z or anyone, does this Archer AX55 have MU-MIMO or not? Most probably it doesn't, which will come as a serious disappointment. But still, we should be able to know this information. For AX50 (https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-ax50/v1/), for example, in the description it specifies MU-MIMO, but in the Specification it doesn't. So again, what should we understand from this?

Options
2022-05-09 11:49:19

@Nick_N 

MU-MIMO does not work, even if the checkbox is enabled.

Options
2022-05-09 12:45:47 - last edited 2022-05-09 12:56:04

@STN Check product brief (the PDFs) from Intel, for your wifi (ax200) VS ax210

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/189347/intel-wifi-6-ax200-gig.html

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/204836/intel-wifi-6e-ax210-gig.html

For AX210 it explicitly says "It also supports WI-FI 6 R2, including UL MU-MIMO". For AX200 it doesn't say that.

I also found mentioned in multiple places that UL MU-MIMO was not available in first AX devices, since it was not mandatory to be included in AX standard. (only DL MU-MIMO was mandatory)

In your screens, I see that only UL MU-MIMO appears as not supported. That doesn't mean that DL MU-MIMO isn't supported as well.

Also, are you sure your wifi card supports UL MU-MIMO? (it was among the first ax wifi cards on the market)

@TP-Link @Kevin_Z or anyone from TP-LINK, we are still waiting for an official reply please!

Regards,

Nick

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2521

Replies: 8

Related Articles