Access Point SSID changes to match SSID of main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-01 05:04:35
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I have a Tp-link Archer C1200 that I use as my main router. Recently I purchased a new Tp-link Archer C80 which I have connected via ethernet to the C1200 and the C80 is set to access point mode. Both devices are broadcasting both 5 and 2.4 networks for a total of 4 SSIDs, all of which have been given different names.  Now here's the issue.  After a few days of setting the C80 as an access point, the 5Ghz SSID of C80 changes automatically to match the 2.4Ghz SSID of my main router C1200. A restart fixes the issue but it happens again after a few days. I've already tried resetting. I tired connecting to the C80 on its LAN port as well as WAN port and either way the issue persists.

Anyone got any idea as to what's causing this issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access Point SSID changes to match SSID of main router
2022-03-02 02:06:40 - last edited 2022-03-02 03:23:55

@ET13 

Try downgrading the FW from this post (if you're not with the latest FW available) and make sure the Smart Connect wireless feature is disabled.

Use this guide for configuring C80 in AP mode - Case 1. You should use C80 WAN (Internet) port for connecting to C1200 LAN port.

Use the router's web management interface (via Internet browser) to configure the wireless settings for both devices.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 880

Replies: 1

Related Articles