AP isolation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AP isolation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AP isolation
AP isolation
2022-03-25 13:06:15
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20211210 rel.51212(5553)

hi,

I have an Archer C7 v5.0 with FW 1.2.0 Build 20211210 rel.51212(5553) and I like to use AP isolation, but there are two laptops I would like to have access each other.

Can I leave "Advanced->System Tools->System Parameters->Enable AP isolation" checked, and do something else to allow only these two laptops to access each other? Ie: setup a static route in "Advanced->Network->Advanced Routing"? Or somehow accomplished this elsewhere? thanks!

And a few follow up questions if I may:

I have a wireless printer on this network, I would expect not to be able to print to it from these laptops since AP isolation is enabled, but it does work. Very interesting, why is this?

Is the AP isolation across both 2.4Ghz and 5GHz networks? Or does a 2.4Ghz device not isolate from a 5Ghz device?

thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:AP isolation
2022-03-25 14:14:34

@josa 

It's the latter - the 2.4 GHz devices are not isolated from 5GHz.

If you want to have access between the two laptops just put them on different bands.

The AP isolation works within bands, not between bands.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:AP isolation
2022-04-07 11:59:07

@terziyski

thank you! that will help a lot and explains the printer accessibility

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 699

Replies: 2

Related Articles