4 units of Archer AX 1500 into a daisy chain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-30 09:55:23 - last edited 2022-03-31 03:35:43
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: updated to the latest as of 30March 2022

I would like your assistance to daisy chain 4 units of Archer AX 10 from my modem. The distances from each unit is about 30 meters (2 units are on the 5/F floor, and another 2 units are on the 6/F)

1) Should the first AX10 connected via cat6 from my modem have a cat6 inserted into the WAN Port (of this 1st AX 10 unit named ALPHA. For purposes of this query, I will name the 4 AX 10 units as ALPHA, BRAVO, CHARLIE, DELTA).

2) Then should I insert from one of the LAN ports of the ALPHA,  a cat6 cable and insert it into the WAN port of BRAVO.

3) Then should I insert from one of the LAN ports of the BRAVO,  a cat6 cable and insert it into the WAN port of CHARLIE.

4) And should I insert from one of the LAN ports of the CHARLIE,  a cat6 cable and insert it into the WAN port of DELTA.

5) And my final question is should I also configure the 4 AX 10 units into AP modes?

Your guidance is very much appreciated. 

Thank you,

BldgAdm

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:4 units of Archer AX 1500 into a daisy chain-Solution
2022-03-30 17:52:04 - last edited 2022-03-31 03:35:43

BldgAdm wrote

I would like your assistance to daisy chain 4 units of Archer AX 10 from my modem. The distances from each unit is about 30 meters (2 units are on the 5/F floor, and another 2 units are on the 6/F)

1) Should the first AX10 connected via cat6 from my modem have a cat6 inserted into the WAN Port (of this 1st AX 10 unit named ALPHA. For purposes of this query, I will name the 4 AX 10 units as ALPHA, BRAVO, CHARLIE, DELTA).

2) Then should I insert from one of the LAN ports of the ALPHA,  a cat6 cable and insert it into the WAN port of BRAVO.

3) Then should I insert from one of the LAN ports of the BRAVO,  a cat6 cable and insert it into the WAN port of CHARLIE.

4) And should I insert from one of the LAN ports of the CHARLIE,  a cat6 cable and insert it into the WAN port of DELTA.

5) And my final question is should I also configure the 4 AX 10 units into AP modes?

Thank you,

BldgAdm

@BldgAdm 

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) Yes given your modem is doing NAT already (i.e. modem/router). If it's just a pure modem then only the ALPHA should be in wireless router mode.

Here's the AP mode gude - use Case 1.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:4 units of Archer AX 1500 into a daisy chain-Solution
2022-03-30 17:52:04 - last edited 2022-03-31 03:35:43

BldgAdm wrote

Thank you,

BldgAdm

@BldgAdm 

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) Yes given your modem is doing NAT already (i.e. modem/router). If it's just a pure modem then only the ALPHA should be in wireless router mode.

Here's the AP mode gude - use Case 1.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:4 units of Archer AX 1500 into a daisy chain
2022-03-31 02:03:44

@terziyski Thank you very much for your prompt reply to my query!!!! I carried out your instructions and the system works very well!!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 2

Related Articles