Is there a good wireless router for a dorm room?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-10 12:30:10
Model: AD7200  
Hardware Version: V18
Firmware Version: NA

Hey guys,

Basically, I'm new here, and I'm looking for a good wireless router for my dorm room. How do I know if it's good enough? I have a Dlink router and there have been some problems with it so I'm looking for a new router that is more reliable and powerful.

Some of the routers I'm looking into include the Google Wifi, TP-Link N300, TP-Link AC750, and D-Link. But I'm very confused and I don't know which one is best for me. I need a router that can serve my roommate and me well (he's more of a gamer, I'm more into streaming movies, music from Youtube, etc.), but at the same time, I want it to be reliable.

During my search for several days, I came across a website that contained impressive information about the best router with an even more impressive product. Now I'm in the middle of deciding which router to get. 

1. NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro 6- Stream
2. Google Dual Band Wifi System

So, can you guys help me? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sincerely

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is there a good wireless router for a dorm room?
2022-04-10 12:42:14

@alley4vi 

If you are looking for a router that can serve you well and most importantly, be reliable, then getting the TP-Link TC-7610 is a great choice. This is one of the best routers around right now. It offers 450Mbps Wi-Fi speed, double the bandwidth of standard 802.11ac routers, so you can stream videos and play games at extremely fast speeds. Furthermore, it is able to connect five wireless devices at once so it is definitely great for multi-tasking or even share files with your friends.

Personally speaking, It's been over 6 months and I'm still using this router in my house and didn't face any kind of issue. If you wanna know more about the router you can also visit this (thepcbuild dot com) website for better & brief information which will help you choose the best router for yourself.

Options