Recommendation to configure the best Home Network with 3 Deco S4 and an Archer 7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Recommendation to configure the best Home Network with 3 Deco S4 and an Archer 7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-01 23:38:35 - last edited 2022-09-05 08:55:49
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a two floor Home Network with an Archer A7 and an Apple Airport Express as an Access Point connected via Ethernet.

Last month I bought 3 Decos S4 to extend my Network but I was told by TP-Link Support that the Archer A7 cannot be the Main wireless Router.

I just want to know the best network topology I need to have, having in mind the hardwarre I do have:

1 Modem from my ISP
1 Wireless Router Archer A7 - A1750

1 Netgear 8 port Switch
1 TP-Link 8 port Switch
3 Deco S4

I have a two floor home and I have the modem and the Archer in the Second Floor but the speed of the network decrease when you go downstairs.

What is the Best Recommendation?.

Regards,

Rafael 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Recommendation to configure the best Home Network with 3 Deco S4 and an Archer 7
2022-09-02 09:02:15 - last edited 2022-09-05 08:55:49

@Rafayala 

"Ethernet Backhaul is a feature that makes it possible to wire the Deco units together.

Thanks to this feature, every two Deco units can be wired with an Ethernet cable. And Deco will transmit data between the two units through the Ethernet connection, which is more stable and faster than Wi-Fi. Once Ethernet backhaul is established, the Wi-Fi backhaul will disconnect automatically."

A topology like the following will engage an ethernet backhaul with the Deco in AP mode:

|-------------> DECO S4 (UNIT 3)
                                                                                                       |

WWW ---> ISP MODEM (in bridge mode) ---> ROUTER ---> SWITCH ----------> DECO S4 (UNIT 1) (MAIN DECO)
                                                                                                       |
                                                                                                       |------------> DECO S4 (UNIT 2)

In this topology is assumed that your switches are with a gigabit ethernet ports.

Otherwise a Wi-Fi backhaul is recommended:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 509

Replies: 1

Related Articles