RE200 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE200 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:RE200 5GHz one problem solved another arises
2022-09-23 03:00:19 - last edited 2022-09-23 03:00:37

@nyonyo 

If the RE200 & Archer C54  (work as the  Extender) are side by site, probably you could try a different location for C54/ RE200 to avoid the possible inteference?

In extender mode, the extender use the same Wi-Fi channel as the main router.

You may also be using C42 or RE200 as AP which is wired to router and use different channel for RE/C54.

Options
2022-09-24 02:10:40

Solla-topee wrote

If the RE200 & Archer C54  (work as the  Extender) are side by site, probably you could try a different location for C54/ RE200 to avoid the possible inteference?

In extender mode, the extender use the same Wi-Fi channel as the main router.

They are 20 ft apart and separated by 8 inches wall, there are lots more unreasonable problems, when I put C54 far enough from the router, Tether app says the 5GHz connection lost, but when I try to reselect host network, it says the network is already connected, and if I keep re selecting that already connected network, Tether will keep stating that 5GHz connection is lost, on the other hand, if I place C54 close enough to the router, the 2.4GHz will automatically get "disconnected" and the 5GHz connected back automatically, I could go on and on with more and more confusing and frustrating problems, but I don't want to list them, I just want to have reasonable explanation and solution

You may also be using C42 or RE200 as AP which is wired to router and use different channel for RE/C54.

I already knew that, but my house doesn't have Ethernet socket on the wall, and I don't want to use LAN extension cable

Options
2022-09-25 13:09:34
what doesn't seem to make sense is, why when I changed the 5GHz channel of the router, it is the 2.4GHz speed on Archer C54 that got affected not the 5GHz After trying so many channels I conclude that only one extender can work fine connected to the router
Options
Related Articles