Only allow IP/MAC address...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-20 14:52:28
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I enabled "Only allow IP/MAC address" and added my home PC address (192.168.1.10) into the field. Clicked save... and now accessing the router admin page results in "403 Forbidden".

Two questions:

1) What did I do wrong? I entered the correct IP address, so there shouldn't be a problem.

2) How do I recover?

Thank you!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Only allow IP/MAC address...
2022-09-21 06:23:38 - last edited 2022-09-21 06:45:25

@Spyder4G 

Hi, may I know which feature you have enabled and only allow the specific IP address? such as remote management or anything else?

And is your home PC trying to access the web interface locally or remotely? and is that IP address a static IP?

By the way, internet is still working fine on all client devices, right? if no any devices are able to login the web interface no matter in the local network or not, you could reset the device to factory defaults by holding reset button for about 10s until power LED flashing.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-09-21 06:38:19 - last edited 2022-09-21 06:51:58

@Sunshine 

I did not enable remote management. Since I can't get into the admin interface, I can't really tell you the feature I enabled, but I remember it was called "Only allow IP/MAC address".

I am on my local network (wired), using my PC (static IP address 192.168.1.10) to connect to the router (static IP address 192.168.2.10). WiFi on the router is disabled since I am not using it.

Is it possible to use the telnet feature, to recover without a complete reset? I can see that the telnet port is open and I can telnet to the router (displays a password prompt).

Thank you.

PS:

Yes internet is working fine, all clients work fine and get normal internet access.

Options
2022-09-21 06:48:42 - last edited 2022-09-21 06:48:58

@Spyder4G 

Hi, even though telnet is open by default, there is no available telnet commands to manage the device.

Besides, since you mentioned that the router is 192.168.2.10 while your home PC is 192.168.1.10, it seems that they are not in the same subnet, is there a second router between the MR600 and your home PC? and if you connect a PC to LAN port of MR600 directly(PC IP should be 192.168.1.X either using DHCP or static IP), are you able to access its web interface?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-09-21 06:53:51
Indeed they are on different subnets, but my PC and the managed switch are configured to bridge between the two subnets. I think I'll just leave it as is... everything is working fine. If one day I need to make changes, then I'll reset the device :) Thank you for your help!
Options