Massive Loss of speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Massive Loss of speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Massive Loss of speed
Massive Loss of speed
2022-10-07 08:38:41
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

The modem from my Internet provider was delivering 300 Mbps all the time. I plugged my DECO E4R (ac1200) via an ethernet cable and set it up with the app. It only delivers 90 Mbps. How can I get my speed back please ? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Massive Loss of speed
2022-10-07 15:12:21

@Pierwitch 

Deco E4 has 100 Mbps Ethernet ports. As long as you keep E4 as Main Deco, 90 Mbps is the fastest speed you can get.

Options
2022-10-07 15:36:17

@Alexandre. 

Thank you for your answer. 

On the box, it is said :

AC1200 Deco E4 specs :

Wireless : 300Mbps on 2.4GHz + 867 Mbps on 5 GHz.

I am on wireless connection so I was expecting more than 90 Mbps.

Any idea please ?

Alexandre. wrote

@Pierwitch 

Deco E4 has 100 Mbps Ethernet ports. As long as you keep E4 as Main Deco, 90 Mbps is the fastest speed you can get.

Options
2022-10-07 16:02:55

@Pierwitch 

How many Deco E4 units do you have? If more than one, do Satellite Deco use WiFi to connect to Main Deco, or you wired them with Ethernet cable?

Deco E4 hardware specifications:

Options
2022-10-07 16:09:22

@Alexandre. 

I have 2 Decos. 1 is connected via ethernet cable to my provider's modem ( my provider's modem was delivering 300Mbps before connecting deco

Alexandre. wrote

@Pierwitch 

How many Deco E4 units do you have? If more than one, do Satellite Deco use WiFi to connect to Main Deco, or you wired them with Ethernet cable?

Deco E4 hardware specifications:

) and gives 90 Mbps on WiFi. My other Deco is upstairs connected via WiFi (delivers 90 Mbps too). 

Options
2022-10-07 17:07:06

@Pierwitch 

If you can connect two devices such as PCs wirelessly to your Main Deco, and start file transfer between them - you should expect to see faster speeds. Anything at your home network that goes to and from Internet using Deco mesh does it through Main Deco Ethernet port, which is 100Mbps.

There are two options for you in this situation:

1. If you can return Deco E4 for refund - do that. Buy 2-unit set of Deco M4, S4, M5 or M9 Plus instead. Each of these has gigabit Ethernet ports.

2. If you can't return Deco E4, buy single Deco M5, add it to your Deco mesh and promote it to Main Deco. That will unlock faster Internet speeds for your home network. This is how to promote M5 to Main Deco: Changing the Main Unit for your Mesh Network

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 5

Related Articles