I bought TL-WN822N V6 as wifi extender ( so it was told in description in the online store )

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I bought TL-WN822N V6 as wifi extender ( so it was told in description in the online store )

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-12 19:16:07 - last edited 2022-11-12 19:18:04
Tags: #wifi extender
Model: TL-WN822N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I bought TL-WN822N as wifi extender ( so it was told in the description in the online store ( I CAN PROVE IT ). My idea was to Use it to connect my phone and my drone using TL-WN822N with power source from a power bank. In the product description in EMAG there was a line saying that this can be used as WiFi extender. So far I don't see how. I can connect it through USB with my PC and use it as an antenna ( which was not the idea)..... No descriptions or manuals for V6 on HOW to access the "admin" of this thing and change its settings. I so the older versions have their own TP-Link Utility that has those settings. But I don't see the same for V6

Options
2 Reply
Re:I bought TL-WN822N V6 as wifi extender ( so it was told in description in the online store )
2022-11-14 18:28:02

Seriously ?! No support answer, and in the forum no one knows ?! I know its not a damn expensive thing but in reality, there is no available many things that can be used as USB wifi extender. I am going to use it for drones.

Options
Re:I bought TL-WN822N V6 as wifi extender ( so it was told in description in the online store )
2022-11-15 21:01:34

Thanks to TP LINK Support Romania for the answer!

So basically models after V4 can not be used as repeater.

Support Answer:
"The TL-WN822N V6 adapter no longer has the SoftAP mode function to be able to create a wireless network as you need. 
The Soft-AP function is only available on hardware versions TL-WN822N V1 to TL-WN822N V4.
Hardware versions V5 and V6 no longer have this function
."

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 517

Replies: 2

Tags

wifi extender
Related Articles