Deco x20 setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco x20 setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco x20 setup
Deco x20 setup
2022-11-17 09:48:29 - last edited 2022-11-17 09:49:34

I have 4 x20s. My ISP router speed is 68up and 20down (tested both lan and WiFi, same result).

My deco WiFi is super inconsistent. Just now I was getting 6 down and 1 up. I went in to the deco app and clicked optimize network. Then tested again and got 50 down and 0.7 up. Then tested a LAN connection to the deco and get 68 down and 12 up.

I frequently get less than 10 down on WiFi and find myself switching WiFi off on my mobile as it's too slow. This has been happening for months. I even did a full factory reset but it didn't fix it. So I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to improve the setup. I have 4 x20s. The main one is plugged in to router via ethernet. I have around 25 to 30 devices connected. No gaming. No big downloads. Netflix once or twice a week, but otherwise just mobiles, laptops and smart home devices. I've checked traffic logs and nothing is hogging bandwidth. I have a 8 port switch connected to the main deco which goes on to connect to desktops.

Is it better to connect the additional x20s to the main one via ethernet cables? Or is it better for them to be connected to eachother by WiFi only? 

What other factors might be at play causing my slow WiFi speeds? 

Any help gratefully received. At the moment I'm just considering selling it and trying another brand.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco x20 setup
2022-11-17 16:16:29

@Claresmith 

Slow and inconsistent WiFi speeds may be caused by WiFi interference from household appliances and neighbors. These are not under your control.

The changes that you can do to improve Deco mesh WiFi performance are: connect Satellite x20s to the Main Deco via Ethernet cables and switch Deco mesh to Access Point mode: How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

You can also turn off 2.4GHz in Main Network in Deco app to force smartphone always stay on faster WiFi protocol:

-----

Also, what app are you using for speed tests?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 476

Replies: 1

Related Articles