Archer C5400 static IPs in access point mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-15 13:04:03
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

I am using A C5400 Archer router in access point mode so that all devices in my network have the same local IP. In router mode the devices that are connected directly to my router receive a different local IP than the devices that are connected to my modem and that doesn't work for me.

So anyway, the router also functions as my DHCP server since my modem doesn't allow custom DNS IPs. However, it seems that in acces point mode I can't assign static local IPs. I can't find that option anywhere.

Hopefully someone can help me with this

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 static IPs in access point mode?
2022-12-15 14:19:39 - last edited 2022-12-15 14:25:50

@impy101 

Some of the device's features are not available in 'Access Point mode' - see this FAQ for details.

If you are talking about the Address Reservation feature of the C5400 in Router Mode, this may not be available in AP mode, because in that mode the device's DHCP server is usually disabled. Can you post a screenshot of your C5400 DHCP settings in AP mode ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 1

Related Articles