New setup advice - ethernet connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-04 21:19:12

Hi, I've just purchased and installed my new mesh system. I had an existing virgin media hub 3.0, which I put into modem mode and all seems to be working for basic WiFi connectivity. 

I had a few devices connected by ethernet which connected directly to the virgin box by ethernet. Namely my LG TV and my hive home hub. 

Since installing the mesh system, none of the devices connected directly to the virgin box are working. 

Any advice very welcome. Im not very tech minded with networking jargon, so baby steps in simple terms if possible! 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:New setup advice - ethernet connections
2023-01-04 21:53:18 - last edited 2023-01-04 21:53:40

@Andy737 

You can make everything work again, and together with Deco mesh, in two simple steps:

1. Put Virgin hub back to its original mode, which is router mode. 

Verify that devices connected by Ethernet directly to the virgin box are working now. 

2. Configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode: How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

That's it.

Also, with that setup, it is recommended to turn off WiFi on Virgin hub, leaving just Deco mesh to provide WiFi coverage.

Options
Re:New setup advice - ethernet connections
2023-01-04 21:59:42

@Alexandre. 

Wow. Easy when you know how eh!?

Thanks so much for responding, im very grateful 🙏 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 2

Related Articles