Roaming off issue when deco unit disconnected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-13 00:29:46 - last edited 2023-01-13 00:34:58
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

If I have Roaming disabled on a specific device connected to Deco #1, and Deco #1 gets disconnected from the system, the device switches to another Deco unit. On it's own, that is a good function.

However, what I've found... when Deco #1 comes back online, the device does not switch back to Deco #1. In order to get the device connected back to Deco #1, I need to manually turn Roaming on the device until the device connects to Deco #1. In a perfect world, okay, but these units disconnect occasionally like any other network device. A good idea, but not completely though out.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Roaming off issue when deco unit disconnected
2023-01-13 03:15:07

@cableghost 

I think if you reboot device or turn OFF/ON its WiFi, that will also force it to reconnect back to Deco #1.

The roaming feature does exactly what is supposed to: device stays connected to the Deco node even if better connection exists to a different Deco node. 

What you need is connection preference feature, when you can configure which Deco node device should connect to. In situation you described when Deco #1 is back online, connection preference feature will direct device to reconnect to Deco #1.

This feature is not available yet for Deco X20, but If you had Deco mesh consisting of X50 or X55, and only these models, you'll see that configuration option in Deco app. 

Options
Re:Roaming off issue when deco unit disconnected
2023-01-13 03:34:40
Thanks @Alexandre
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 2

Related Articles