My mother's rest home provides wireless internet but with AP isolation enabled.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-09 17:14:38 - last edited 2023-02-10 03:46:23
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I would like to set up a google home assistant speaker at my mother's resthome.  Wi-fi internet is provided, but with AP isolation enabled.  Meaning, the google home app on my phone cannot see the speaker on the same network in order to set up and control the speaker.   Will a TP-Link TL-WR902AC solve this issue without requiring an ethernet connection?

Wi-Fi internet connection ----> router -----> Mobile phone & Google home speaker

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My mother's rest home provides wireless internet but with AP isolation enabled.-Solution
2023-02-10 02:57:01 - last edited 2023-02-10 03:46:23

@AxleGrease 

In "Hotspot Router Mode" it should do the job.

Check the TL-WR902AC user guide Chapter 3 - Section 2.5 to see the configuration details in this mode.

Keep in mind that both the mobile and the speaker should be connected to the TL-WR902AC wireless network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:My mother's rest home provides wireless internet but with AP isolation enabled.-Solution
2023-02-10 02:57:01 - last edited 2023-02-10 03:46:23

@AxleGrease 

In "Hotspot Router Mode" it should do the job.

Check the TL-WR902AC user guide Chapter 3 - Section 2.5 to see the configuration details in this mode.

Keep in mind that both the mobile and the speaker should be connected to the TL-WR902AC wireless network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:My mother's rest home provides wireless internet but with AP isolation enabled.
2023-02-10 03:45:36

@terziyski     After purchasing the router late last night I had second doubts the next day, but the information you linked to cleared things up.   Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 2

Related Articles