Archer C80 Address Reservation table full message

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-05 18:44:17 - last edited 2023-03-05 20:06:33
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.1 Build 221212 Rel.66258n(5553)

Hello

Since last firmware update, any attempt to add a new record to the Address Reservation table generates the message:

" The table is full."

Today there are 25 entries in the table. They have reached 31 in the recent past with no problems or restrictions.

Also, if I try to edit any record, I got the same message and the record is deleted.

I'm trying to include a new mounted PC directly wire connected to the router through an Ethernet port.

Router is my default gareway and DHCP server is enabled.

MAC Address: C0-C9-??-4C-1D-43
IP Address: 192.168.01.10
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

DHCP Server: Enabled
IP Address Pool: 192.168.01.100-192.168.01.249

I do not wish to reset to factory settings. I have saved router's configuration settings to a backup file. Looks like the address reservation table is not included. I think I will not be able to put all 25 records back. This is a home wi-fi network.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

PS: All spaces removed from all devices descriptions. Problem persists.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C80 Address Reservation table full message
2023-03-06 06:36:39 - last edited 2023-03-06 06:37:03

@SpyTr4ck 

I believe that Address Reservation table has been included in the router configuration backup.

However, you can reassure that you have another copy of these records by simply copy/paste them in an Excel spreadsheet (for example or similar), then reset the router.

First you can try to restore the router configuration, cause its faster and simpler. If there's no improvement, reset router again and add these from the spreadsheet.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-03-07 11:23:38 - last edited 2023-03-07 11:25:14

Hello terziyski

Thanks for your reply!

I did reset to factory settings and restored them from saved backup file. Router's configuration is back Ok, but there is no improvement with the address reservation table.

The saved settings backup file has everything, including the always growing Connected Clients table, which has no way to be cleaned. A once connected device will stay there forever. I think this issue is also affecting the reservation table.

The reservation problem appeared with the latest firmware, never had it before. No guarantee that it will disappear with a full reset, starting from zero.

I won't risk cleaning the address reservation table. I bet it will refuse to accept my 25 entries again. There are other complaints about this problem in this forum with just 5 to 7 records.

This problem is TP-Link's matter as they release updates without proper testing and use to create new issues. I have suffered from this behavior on the previous update with my DNS server addresses being blanked every time the router was rebooted. A beta firmware was lately released to fix the problem. Not sure if they will ever consider to examine this situation. If this problem is not solved by them, I'm done with TP-Link. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Best regards!

Options
2023-03-07 12:46:43

@SpyTr4ck 

I believe that C80 limit for Address Reservation is 32 records. And I would bet that if you factory reset C80 and add them from a spreadsheet backup, will work for you.

After all it's up to you to decide whether try that or not. There will be further FW releases for sure, which I hope will fix this issue - you can just wait for a fix.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 483

Replies: 3

Related Articles