Dos protection setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Dos protection setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Dos protection setup
Dos protection setup
2023-04-21 06:17:27
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.7 Build 20220613 rel.64828(4555)

Hi guys!

I want to start this by saying I'm a noob when it comes to networking.

My questions are: What is the best way to setup the dos protection (with all the 3 filtering options) considering that I host 8 servers of Unturned from my Home? What are other ways of protecting myself and my network?

Sorry if i wasn't specific enough and if my terminology is not right, like I said, I am a noob when it comes to networking.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help, guys! Have a nice day!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Dos protection setup
2023-04-21 13:46:57 - last edited 2023-04-22 11:24:00

@PidzisBox 

Here's a guide on how to protect your router from cyber attacks.

Here's how you can tweak the DoS parameters of your router.

If you're not sure what value to set for a particular parameter better leave it by default.

Pay attention to the second document (tweaking the DoS parameter) section 4 and 5 (especially the text in red color).

It's explained how to find the sweat spot of your particular setup and setting the level to Low, Medium or High, so no local host been added into the Blocked Dos Host List when they don’t have any harmful internet behavior.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Dos protection setup
2023-04-22 07:56:55

@terziyski Thanks a lot for your response.

I read the articles that you linked and my problem is that i don't quite understand what is the difference between Low, Middle and High and what would suit me better.

Thanks again!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 471

Replies: 2

Related Articles