Help for the extension of the WI-FI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-22 07:46:26 - last edited 2023-04-22 07:52:09

Hello, I bought two TP-link PG1200 Powerline kits and a TP-Link TL-WPA4220 to extend my fiber network coverage. I placed one of the two powerlines connected in Ethernet to the main modem, and downstairs I placed the other powerline and after connecting them I connected the extender in Ethernet. Only that you make 700 mbytes of the upper floor only 24 arrive, can it be a problem with the walls or did I do something wrong? Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help for the extension of the WI-FI
2023-04-23 09:09:28

@Lor26 

Hi, please note that PG1200 KIT is G.hn powerline adapter, while TL-WPA4220 is HomePlug AV2 powerline device, they are not compatible with each other actually.

Besides, the first PG1200 is connected to a modem only, or a modem and router combined? do you mean you could get 700Mbps from the modem or router upstairs?

On the downstairs, do you mean you could only get 24Mbps from the second PG1200 via Ethernet cable? 

If that is true, please check the powerline rate between the two PG1200 powerline adapters on the tpPLC utility, and please also try to move them into one room, then check the powerline rate and internet speed again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 435

Replies: 1

Related Articles