WPS button

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WPS button

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WPS button
WPS button
2023-05-03 16:00:00
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just set up my new extender.... When in position between router and my PC should the triangular WPS light stay on all the time ?

On my PC should I log on using the extender site or main original site ? If I use extender WiFi then my speeds drop dramatically !!

HELP....

Options
1 Reply
Re:WPS button
2023-05-05 01:27:45

@Forbesisle 

1. Normally after you finish the WPS process, the WPS LED will be off, so it will not stay on all the time

2. If the PC still receives good signal from your router, you could still connect to router WiFi, however, in other areas where router signal is too weak to use, you could try connecting to the extender WiFi

3. Regarding the speed difference, please note that the extender needs to transfer the Wi-Fi signal from the main router and also communicate with wireless client device, and transformation would make the speed slower, so it is normal that the extender speed is not as fast as the main router.
The extender is to kill the dead-end of your house, so the signal strength in the area where there was no router signal will be improved. But since it needs to get the receiving signal from the main router, the speed depends on the quality of the receiving signal.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 308

Replies: 1

Related Articles