Adding a new AV600 to existing network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-04 16:07:06

Hi,

I bought the AV600 wifi extender a few weeks ago so that we could get internet in our garage. Worked perfectly and I can now work from there. I then ordered a second set so that I could get better wifi upstairs. I paired it with the existing adapter last night and it worked but when I came to start work this morning the original one was no longer working. Power is on, it allows me to choose it as a connection, but the power line LED no longer lights up and once connected to it I can't get any internet. 

I've tried pairing again, resetting, etc. and no luck. From what I'd read it was easy to just add more on but doesn't seem to be the case. I want one adapter with two extenders and can then choose whichever one I want when I'm closest to it. Is that not possible?

thanks,

andy

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding a new AV600 to existing network
2023-05-05 06:41:59

@AndySG811 

Hi, it is possible to use one powerline adapter with two powerline extenders, currently if one of the extender powerline led is off, please move it into one room as one of the other two units, then pair it again via pair button. 

Once the powerline led turns on for all three units, please move the extender back to the previous location to see if it still works.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 469

Replies: 1

Related Articles