ps5 which mode on c6 router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-17 13:38:02
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have tp link c6 router. Devices connected is one smart tv, one av receiver, galaxy s9, desktop pc(wired) and ps5. (Before is ps4pro). I found that I use for 2 years the smart function on router which use 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz the same ssd. Now I turn it off and have a separate name and pass dor 5 ghz. My logic is the tv and receiver to be on 2.4 (dont need 5 ghz) and the ps5 alone on 5 ghz for better result. (Turn off wi fi on phone when play). Before that everything was on 5 ghz. I have couple of questios:

1. The ps5 have wifi6 mu mimo. Any benefit to turn ON mu-mimo on the router or keep it off? 2.Any benefit to turn ON QoS on router?

2. Any benefit to get wifi 6 router? Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:ps5 which mode on c6 router?
2023-05-17 21:54:13 - last edited 2023-05-25 11:04:25

@redoctoberbg 

1. More on MU-MIMO - you can turn it on. 2. Don't turn on QoS.

2. More bandwidth, more client devices, better wireless range - details.

In general keep your non-bandwidth demanding devices like IoT (smart devices) on 2.4Ghz band and bandwidth demanding devices on 5GHz band.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 1

Related Articles