TP LINK RE450 IP Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP LINK RE450 IP Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP LINK RE450 IP Problem
TP LINK RE450 IP Problem
2023-06-24 06:32:47 - last edited 2023-06-24 06:34:20
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.02

Hello team your help on this will be greatly appreciated. I have recently purchased the RE450 WiFi range extender model.

Signal is very strong in terms of coverage no complaints there. But after 5-6 hours of use my 2 devices (a Poco smartphone and a ThinkPad laptop) get disconnected completely, or they encounter a couldn't find IP, no connection errors. Only solution I have found temporarily is when this happens to turn off and then on again the repeater and everything works then, but after some hours the exact same thing happens.

I guess there are settings I would need to change to fix this but I have no clue. Your help would be much appreciated. See also screenshot above from the settings of the repeater if you need me to provide anything further do let me know.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP LINK RE450 IP Problem
2023-06-25 12:10:54

@Stevepredator I would suggest that you reserve the IP for your extender on your main router if you didn't

You may have a device competing for the same IP in the house (or a neighbour stealing your Wifi! cheeky)

For known devices, I always reserve an IP to make sure there is nothing stealing the "spot"

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 1

Related Articles