Is Archer C5 compatible with Tether App? Can I use this to share mobile hotspot via USB in my house?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is Archer C5 compatible with Tether App? Can I use this to share mobile hotspot via USB in my house?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-13 03:09:13
Model: Archer C5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Not sure

Results on Google says that Archer C5 is compatible, but list of compatible devices on the app does not include this.
Is there any way I can add my device to the app?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is Archer C5 compatible with Tether App? Can I use this to share mobile hotspot via USB in my house?
2023-07-13 20:51:36 - last edited 2023-07-14 00:26:39

@Nickman 

Archer C5 v1 has been announced as a Tether compatible router - details.

Its final FW release is from 2015 with introduced support for Tether v2.0.

However it is not in the list of Tether compatible wireless routers - here.

I would say that since this router is with 'End of Life' status and not in the list of Tether compatible devices - you may not be able to use it with current Tether app.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 605

Replies: 1

Related Articles