Is my Tp -link Archer VR2800 capable of dealing with FTTP at speeds of 900Mb

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is my Tp -link Archer VR2800 capable of dealing with FTTP at speeds of 900Mb

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Is my Tp -link Archer VR2800 capable of dealing with FTTP at speeds of 900Mb
2023-09-05 12:09:06 - last edited 2023-09-05 12:11:31

@Red-T 

Depends how you look at it.

If I attach my laptop with an ethernet cable to the router, switch everything else off and do a speed check ( as advised to do when checking the speed) I am getting the full 900 Mbps. I have discovered that not all the online Broadband Speed checkers work with very fast speeds: One of them even gave me a reading of 10 Mbps - which was clearly garbage!!

When all the devices in the house are switched on and I am using the wi-fi, for my laptop, I'm getting around 300-400 Mbps consistently for the download.

I experimented with both the PlusNet Hub2 which came from my ISP when I switched to FFTP and the TP -Link, Results were basically the same whichever I used. I do also have an Asus, which can handle wi-fi 6  but I haven't tried with that one. My laptop is the only device in the house which can use wi-fi 6 but I found the Asus verydifficult to set up when I had FTTC so I haven't tried for the FTTP with that one. I am not well versed in all the options for the Asus, or any of them to be honest, so I don't know enough to deal with the settings when there are lots of options

Hope that helps

Options
2024-01-15 11:29:17

@Silvers11 

Hi there, 

Would you be able to post here the full Internet connection settings of your working setup then (on VR2800), please?

I'm in very similar situation, however I'm on Nokia fiber router which needs to become a bridge for me first (that is easy) but then my Internet connection on Archer keeps disconnecting (or rather not connecting at all).

Thanks

Options
2024-01-15 12:48:28

@Radek_W 

I'm so sorry, but I can't. The TP Link Archer V2800 worked fine with my FTTP - but so also did Plusnet's Hub2 and in the end I decided just to keep using the Plusnet Hub 2.

I got good advice  on here about updating the Firmware on the Archer - see earlier posts, so that may be something you want to do? Also advice on settings here. I also had to google what settings I needed to use with Plusnet internet in addition to the advice given to me on here. Not sure who your internet provider is, but maybe ask them?

Sorry I can't be more help

Options
2024-01-15 14:22:56

@Silvers11 

Thanks a lot for any advice anyway.

I will keep fighting with the subject.

I find Archer VR2800 superior to anything I have owned within a certain budget, so I will try to stick to it for some time. :) 

I'm fairly proficient in network setups but with the home routers, I find the task of setting up a slightly more advanced network, quite onerous due to unclear, hidden or implicit implementations of various protocols. It is much quicker to ask around to check whether someone has done it already than try to carve the way yourself. :)

Options
2024-01-15 14:43:36

@Radek_W 

I've just found my notes, on what I needed to do ( for a Plusnet connection!)

Set the operations mode from 'DSL modem router mode' to 'wireless router mode'

Connection type PPPoE

User name and password as per your provider

VLAN ID should be disabled/ left blank/none  ( can't remember what the option was on the Archer)

Hope one of those works for you smiley

Options
2024-01-15 14:58:16
Thanks. I'm with Lightspeed Broadband and they use IPoE, so no user and password (as per PPPoE). But then it is simply a case of setting up DHCP on the Internet connection (or perhaps choosing the Dynamic IP option) but so far none of that wants to work for me. I will contact the provider.
Options
2024-01-16 17:58:18

Great question! To ensure accurate information about the Resimac Paint Manufacturer, it's recommended to check the router specifications or contact Tp-link support. The Archer VR2800 may handle FTTP speeds, but verifying its compatibility with 900Mb is crucial. Upgrading routers is common for faster speeds, so it's worth exploring newer models if needed. Good luck with your transition to FTTP!"

Options
Related Articles