Different Archer AX80 models

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-11 10:02:44 - last edited 2023-08-11 12:07:41
Tags: #antenna
Model: Archer AX80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm looking for new home router and I found Archer AX80. The problem is that there seems to be two variants of the router with the same name, with internal and external antennas. 

AX80 with internal antennas: 

https://www.tp-link.com/za/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-ax80/

AX80 with external antennas: 

Archer AX80 | AX6000 8-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router with 2.5G Port | TP-Link

I would like to get the one with external antennas, but so far the resellers in my country (Slovenia) seem to only have the model with internal ones. There was actually quite a bit of confusion as one of the resellers claimed the model had external antennas, but I've received the other one. What's the deal with this? Is the model with external antennas region locked to USA (notice that the above url points to US website)?

Thanks for your help,

Benjamin

Options
1 Reply
Re:Different Archer AX80 models
2023-08-11 10:09:33 - last edited 2023-09-01 19:00:28

@benja8151 

From what I can see that's the case - the one with internal antennas is for the EU market, the other one (with external antennas) is for the US market.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 806

Replies: 1

Tags

antenna
Related Articles