VR600 v3 and OneMesh or Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-04 12:47:00
Tags: #OneMesh #VPN #Deco Mesh
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I need advice on setting up mesh Wi-Fi hopefully using my VR600 v3 as I use the IPSEC VPN for remote connection to another site.

I was looking at the Deco X55 Mesh and have tried using the RE220 with the router but have found limited range with this.  I'm trying to avoid NAT on NAT on NAT as I have Cable broadband in router mode.  

Should I ditch the VR600 and just use Deco X55 as a main router connected to the cable modem which may be simpler but I'd lose the VPN or keep the VR600, turn of it's Wi-Fi and use the Deco Wi-Fi ??  I was thinking of getting a Deco X55 3 pack to ensure coverage.    Is there a better/more elegant solution ??

Thanks for any help  

Options
1 Reply
Re:VR600 v3 and OneMesh or Deco
2023-09-04 20:32:17

@Garry_C999 

According to this document Deco X55 supports IPSec VPN client.

In this case you can ditch the VR600 and get 3-pack Deco X55 to use it in router mode.

If that's not the case you can still get 3-pack Deco X55 to use it in AP mode and avoid addiitional NAT in your LAN (keep the VR600 with its wireless radio turned off).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 457

Replies: 1

Tags

OneMesh VPN
Deco Mesh
Related Articles