Issue with Archer C24 Router Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-19 23:38:56
Model: Archer C24  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello TP-Link Support Team,

I am writing to report an issue with my Archer C24 router. My internet service provider offers a 500 Mbps connection, and I am using a Cat6 Ethernet cable to connect to my TP-Link Archer C24 router. However, I am consistently experiencing speeds of only up to 100 Mbps when connected through the router.

I have verified the cable's capability before connecting it to the modem, and it supports the full 500 Mbps speed. However, when connected through the Archer C24 router, the speed is limited to a maximum of 100 Mbps.

I have checked the router's firmware and hardware version, and both are up to date. I have also reviewed the router settings and made sure there are no limitations on speed.

Can you please assist in diagnosing and resolving this issue to ensure that I can achieve the full 500 Mbps speed through my Archer C24 router?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

[Mohammad]

Options
6 Reply
Re:Issue with Archer C24 Router Speed
2023-10-20 11:43:17 - last edited 2023-10-20 11:44:15

@Mohammad-hassn 

Archer C24 is not a gigabit router - specs. That's why you have a bottleneck of 100 mbps (WAN/LAN ports) when connected to Archer C24.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-10-21 00:20:19

@terziyski 

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report an issue with my TP-Link Archer C24 router, specifically related to its Wi-Fi speeds.

According to the product specifications, the Archer C24 is supposed to provide the following Wi-Fi speeds:

- 5 GHz: 433 Mbps (802.11ac)

- 2.4 GHz: 300 Mbps (802.11n)

However, after connecting to the router, I am only able to achieve a maximum speed of 100 Mbps, which is significantly lower than the expected speeds mentioned in the product documentation. I have tried various troubleshooting steps, including firmware updates and adjusting settings, but the issue persists.

I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this speed discrepancy. It is crucial for me to fully utilize the router's capabilities, and I believe that there may be an issue with the hardware or configuration.

Please advise on the steps I can take to address this speed limitation or any additional information you require to investigate the matter further. Your prompt attention and support in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance

Options
2023-10-21 01:22:31 - last edited 2023-10-21 15:51:52

@Mohammad-hassn

I understand your concerns, but you have to replace C24 with Archer C64 (for example), which is a gigabit router and that would solve the issue.

There's no other way to resolve this issue except replacing the router model as I explained. I don't know if your local dealer can do this - you have to talk to your local dealer about that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-10-21 08:45:16

Hi  @terziyski,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your suggestion to upgrade to the Archer C64 as a gigabit router. However, I'm still curious about the apparent discrepancy in the advertised specifications for the Archer C24 router, which is listed as follows:

- WiFi Speeds: AC750

- 5 GHz: 433 Mbps (802.11ac)

- 2.4 GHz: 300 Mbps (802.11n)

It would be helpful to understand why these specifications are provided for the Archer C24, yet the practical speeds fall significantly short of these numbers. Is there a specific reason for this? 

While I consider your recommendation for an upgrade, I believe that clarifying this issue could provide valuable information to both existing and potential customers. Your insights on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mohammad-hassn

Options
2023-10-21 09:13:59

@Mohammad-hassn 

OK, I'll try to explain it in more details. While these wireless speeds are correct and you can achieve greater that 100mbps traffic in your local network (communicating wirelessly between your devices), C24 WAN port which connects the router to your ISP modem is only 100 mbps capable as can be seen from its technical specifications. When browsing internet all traffic goes through this WAN port but it can't be more than 100 mbps in both directions - that's the bottleneck I described.

On the other hand Archer C64 WAN/LAN ports are 1000 mbps capable which will overcome C24 hardware limitation.

I hope you can understand now where this limitation comes from.

Options
2023-10-21 09:32:48

Dear @terziyski,

Thank you for your prompt response regarding my Archer C24 Router speed issue. I appreciate your recommendation to upgrade to the Archer C64 gigabit router.

I am interested in pursuing this upgrade, and I have a query. Since I purchased my Archer C24 from a local retail store in Jordan rather than directly from TP-Link, would it be possible for TP-Link Jordan to facilitate the replacement of my router with the model you suggested, the Archer C64, while covering the price difference?

Your guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated as it would assist me in resolving the speed issue with a more suitable router.

Best regards,

Mohammad-hassn

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1224

Replies: 6

Related Articles