Use MR600 as Wifi extender of my Fiber router with same SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-04 14:59:23
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I have an Archer MR600, that I used for connection through 4G before fiber was installed to my home. Now I have fiber connection, with a fiber router (a French "Livebox" by Orange) provided by my internet provider, which provides WiFi.
However this Livebox is at the floor level of the house and the Wifi does not cover the whole house. But I have Ethernet cables through the house, so I can connect the MR600 by WLAN to the Livebox and create a TP-Link Wifi.

But then I have two WiFi networks : TP-link's and Livebox's

What I would like to do is have an unique WiFi SSID so that my devices automatically switch to the strongest signal.

I already managed to do so with Wifi repeters but can't find a way to do so with MR600.

Anyone knows how to do that ?

What I have today :

Fiber --> Livebox ------> Livebox WiFi

\-----ethernet----> MR600 ---> TP Link Wifi

What I would like to have :

Fiber --> Livebox ------> Livebox WiFi

\-----ethernet----> MR600 ---> Livebox Wifi

Options
1 Reply
Re:Use MR600 as Wifi extender of my Fiber router with same SSID
2023-11-08 03:05:18

@lordmouton 

Hi, you could customize the wireless network name and password of the MR600 to be exactly the same as the Livebox WiFi.

Login the MR600 web interface first via tplinkmodem.net, then go to Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page to customize the wireless settings.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options