Not getting max speed with Deco M9 Plus

Not getting max speed with Deco M9 Plus

19 Reply
Re:Not getting max speed with Deco M9 Plus
2024-05-01 06:41:40

@tangyp 

Do you have a VPN connected? That could be affecting your speedtest...

BT Full fibre 500, 2x M9 Plus V2 and 1x X60 V3.2 in AP mode connected to Archer C80.
Options
2024-05-01 08:40:19

klipse wrote

@tangyp 

Do you have a VPN connected? That could be affecting your speedtest...

@klipse 

No VPN connected. I'm using Asus router now... consistently getting speeds of 750mbps - 850mbps. My Internet plan is 800mbps download.

With the TPLink M9 Plus, I'm getting 600-700+ mbps maximum only. 

Options
2024-06-25 10:01:30

@tangyp 
I am facing similar issues. connecting the M9 to the Unifi modem. Even worst, using the Deco App speed test only manage to get 480- 500 Mbps download and 110Mpbs upload.
And this is on a 800Mbps speed

Options
2024-06-26 07:09:11

azzadmahat wrote

@tangyp 
I am facing similar issues. connecting the M9 to the Unifi modem. Even worst, using the Deco App speed test only manage to get 480- 500 Mbps download and 110Mpbs upload.
And this is on a 800Mbps speed

@azzadmahat I don't know what to say. My M9s have gone back into the box. I won't use something that does not give me the speed of the plan I paid for. I'm using Asus router now... though the coverage is not as good as mesh, at least I'm getitng consistently 820mbps.

Options
2024-07-10 01:46:29
i've same issue also (i'm on Maxis FibreHome 800Mbps plan) the speedtest result only 300Mbps plus minus ... wait next week i've done with my new desktop and changed all the LAN cable and test again see....
Options
2 weeks ago

@tangyp 

i also having the same problem..im using 2x M9 and 1x X20.. im using unifi 800mbps and M9 become router but speedtest direct using LAN cable only get 450-600mbps..i compare X20 become router i get 831mbps but my X20 having problem with 5ghz wifi speedtest only 140mbps..i think M9 having problem with the firmware..if configure M9 become AP no problem LAN cable can get MAX speed.. 

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@tangyp I'm having this exact same issue. I just got 1gb FTTP and the max speed I am getting on my deco mesh network is 500mbps.

My setup is as follows. I have my main deco m9 plus connected to the fibre router as an access point. The wifi is turned off on my fibre router so the Deco handles all my wifi. I also have a pc wired to my fibre router. 

If I run a speedtest on my hardwired PC then I consistently get 950+mbps. If I run a speedtest on the Deco app I get 500mbps download and 950 upload. If I run a speedtest on anything connected over wifi I get about 150mbps download and 250mpbs upload. 

Also if I connect my pc wired through my main deco I get full 950+mbps so it's clearly a wifi limitation. 

This is really frustrating because the Deco mesh network is clearly not giving me all of my bandwidth.

Options
2 weeks ago

Guys,

I'm sorry to hear you guys are having same issue as me with the Deco M9 Plus.

Unfortunately, I've not found any solution to fix my problem other than just not using the M9 Plus.

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts in this thread, TPLink engineer has logged into my system, even they could not figure out what the issue was. And sadly, they've just left it as that. Probably thinking this is an isolated issue only happening with me.

With all this latest posts on my thread, seems like I am not the only one facing this problem.

I don't know what to say. The Deco M9 Plus is problematic but not many people realise it, as they don't do extensive testing and just accept whatever speed they are getting.

If anyone has found the solution to fix this, please do share it here. Thank you!!

Andrew

Options
2 weeks ago

Found this thread only because I have the M5 and was thinking of upgrading to the M9 in case it worked better :-)

For me I believe the issue is that the Deco mesh routers are poor at PPPoE - I dont think they have any kind of offloading and perform the PPPoE on the CPU causing a bottleneck.

I have a choice of using them in access point mode with my ISP router and get full speed or bypass the ISP router and lose 10% speed with the Deco doing the PPPoE.

I'm hoping if i buy a Deco with a better CPU to use as my main router then the problem might go away - doesnt sound like the M9 plus is the one to buy though.

Options
Related Articles